Welcome from Dr. James Talkington!
We are here to answer questions you may have about Dr. Talkington, our staff, procedures, location and office forms. If you have additional questions please feel free to contact our office; our contact information is at the top of our website.
At Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics, our patients are our top priority, and our primary goal is to return you to work, sports, and an active lifestyle. Dr. Talkington is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, specializing in providing state of the art orthopedic services to patients, working together with leading organizations in the field to develop new techniques for arthroscopic procedures.
In every situation, each member of our team is constantly working to ensure that you receive the best possible care, and the highest degree of comfort in your experience with us. Dr. Talkington offers his 25 years of Orthopedic and Sportsmedicine experience in treatment of the following:
- General and Pediatric Orthopedics More Info
- Whether it’s your shoulder, elbow, knee or ankle that you are having issues with, Dr. Talkington can provide the treatment you need for a full and speedy recovery. Dr. Talkington is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with over 25 years of orthopedic knowledge and experience. Dr. Talkington utilizes his knowledge, advanced skills, and experience to offer you an individualized plan to help you return to your highest quality of life.
- Sports Related Injuries More Info
- Dr. Talkington and our team work together to insure that your sports related injury is diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible. We treat all types of sports related injuries, from high school athletes to the retired tennis player. Returning you back to your game is our primary goal. Dr. Talkington is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon who has completed additional training in Sportsmedicine at the University of Chicago. He dedicated many years to being the team physician for schools in Mississippi and here in Panama City, with many local high schools. We understand that athletes are eager to get back to their sport and an active lifestyle. Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics offers a variety of services to ensure that you are able to enjoy your favorite sport as soon as possible. Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics offers ultrasound, digital x-rays, and DME that are all available the same day.
- Work Related Injuries More Info
- At Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics our office team works together with the employee, adjuster, and nurse case manager to ensure that the employee returns to work as fast and safe as possible. Dr. Talkington has been working in Panama City for over 20 years and has been returning employees back to a speedy recovery. Throughout those 20 years Dr. Talkington has stayed on top of the many workers compensation changes and laws. He is certified as a State of Florida Expert Medical Advisor. We work closely with nurse case managers and he addresses work status and major contributing cause with each initial evaluation. Additional questions and DWC-25’s are completed and answered within 24 hours. Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics understands that there is always those special cases that need to be worked in or special attention. We accommodate to our workman’s compensation patients. We provide Independent Medical Evaluations and one time changes as well as second opinions. Dr. Talkington is also a provider and in network with most workman’s compensation carriers. We encourage you to make sure that we are in network and we do not charge more than the workman’s compensation allowable for the State of Florida.
- Shoulder Injuries (including advanced arthroscopic techniques in the Rotator Cuff Repair) More Info
- The majority of shoulder problems are relieved non-surgically with physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medication, or cortisone injection. However when surgery is needed Dr. Talkington has worked closely with companies in developing new arthroscopic techniques for rotator cuff repairs. Dr. Talkington is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon who has taken a special interest in the advancements of shoulder treatment. The advancements in arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs return the patient back to work and sport faster and with less pain. Improving your function and enhancing the quality of your life is our primary goal.
Dr. Talkington has recently introduced MSK ultrasound into his practice. Ultrasound transmits high-frequency sound pulses into your body using a probe. These waves travel between tissues and fluid and are then reflected back to the probe and relayed to the machine. Ultrasound is painless and there is no radiation involved. Patients are able to see their anatomy on the screen at the same time, which allows them to become involved in their care. Although ultrasound is not always able to take the place for an MRI. Ultrasound is faster, safer, and less expensive than an MRI. View video about Ultrasound uses.
We welcome you as a patient and appreciate the opportunity to provide you with medical services!