Shoulder Arthroscopy Exercises
download Word format
Ice pack 15 minutes every hour you are awake as needed for pain.
Use the effects of gravity to relieve pain and maintain joint integrity through gentle traction and oscillating movements. You should perform these exercises once per waking hour. Begin with small swings and progress to larger swings.
- Position of patient: Bend at the waist with involved arm hanging loosely downward toward the floor. Keep the shoulder muscles relaxed and back straight. A pendulum or winging motion of the arm is initiated by slightly moving the trunk side to side; then forward and backward; clockwise and counter-clockwise.
- You may experience dizziness upon standing upright after performing this exercise; if so; sit down and rest until dizziness subsides.
- Repeat 10 times. 3 times a day.
Place a foam hand exerciser in palm of hand. Squeeze fingers into foam, making a fist.
Hold 5-10 seconds. Repeat 10 times. 3 times a day.
- Stand or sit with your arms at your side and feet shoulder width apart.
- Raise your shoulder upward toward your ears and then backward and down.
- Return to the starting position and repeat 10 times. 3 times a day.
- Bend and straighten your elbow as far as you can go without pain.
- You should feel a mild stretch.
- Repeat 10 times 3 times a day