Ouch! My raking back!
Nationwide there will be thousands of people that will end up in the emergency room over the next 4 weeks with injuries from raking leaves or shoveling snow.
When you are out cleaning up your yard this fall here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Wear gloves to prevent blisters.
- Never leave the rake near a pile of leaves.
- When cleaning out gutters, always have someone at the bottom of the ladder.
- When raking leaves remember to twist using your legs instead of your back.
- Bend at the knees when lifting bags of leaves or heavy objects.