Do you sit in front of a computer for long periods of time? Do you work at a desk all day? Here are some tips to creating a workstation to avoid health consequences.
Make sure your chair height is adjusted correctly. You should be able to sit on the chair and have your feet flat on the floor. Your elbows should be bent at 90 degrees.
Avoid bending your wrists, they should be level with your keyboard
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and sit up straight – shoulders should be away from your ears
- Sit with your body close to the desk
- Your monitor should be between 20-45 inches from your face
- Take frequent breaks and walk around if possible
- Avoid leaning forward while typing
Again, always remember to consult your orthopedist prior to starting any exercise program.
Please contact our office if you have any questions:
Florida Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedics, PA
Dr. James Talkington
2428 Jenks Ave,
Panama City, FL 32405